Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Anniversary

Today is the thirty-fifth annual celebration of our wedding.  Thirty-five years ago I watched as Rachael walked down the aisle toward me and our future as a married couple.  I was and am one very blessed man.

Life hasn’t always been kind, but it has always been an adventure.  We have had our share of struggles, but together we always managed to get through.  At no time have I ever doubted my decision to enter this union.

Rachael doesn’t hunt or fish.  She doesn’t make saddles, belts, purses, or dog collars, and she doesn’t go shopping in the sporting goods store.  At the same time, I don’t decorate cakes, make crafts, draw or paint, or shop in the floral departments.  However, she isn’t shy about using a hammer or saw, and I like to sew.  I enjoy accounting.  Rachael enjoys graphic arts.

We both like to read and write.  We like to cook and create.  We enjoy long drives, and antique/thrift/junk stores.  We like being with each other and discovering things.  And we’ve never run out of things to talk about.

I’m looking forward to another thirty-five years with this wonderful person.  Thank you Rachael.

No comments:

Post a Comment