Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII

Once again a few members of the Long Beach Casting Club got together for the Super Bowl, and once again a couple of teams played.  I’m told some team won and some team lost.  Even though I was there, I hardly know who played, nor do I really care.  I was just there for the Super Bowl.
 
To me a Super Bowl refers to a big bowl of something to eat.  And eat we did.  Poppers, chili, ham and black-eyed pea soup, ribs, cheese balls, sausages, chips, dips, cornbread, and much more stuff than I can remember.  And just 12 people showed up.  And we ate most of it.  Now That’s a Super Bowl!
 
In reality, I don’t follow sports, but I am not completely lost in football, or basketball.  On the other hand, I am clueless when it comes to baseball, soccer, curling, tennis, golf, Monopoly, and almost any other game.  This year I was aware that the Seattle Seahawks had whipped up on the Denver Broncos in pre-season, and I thought to myself ‘if these two teams meet again in the Super Bowl, I’ll place money on Seattle.’  Well I didn’t place any bets anywhere, but the outcome of the game was no surprise to me.
 
It was fun to watch the game, eat more than I normally consume in a week, and spend time with my friends.  In a few weeks, I will no longer remember who played or who won, but I will remember the great time with friends who are even more uninformed about the game than I.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment