Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Santa in the News

My favorite time of the year is the fall with the first couple of weeks of winter thrown in there for good measure.  Even though I look forward to every season, I’ve always preferred the fall.  I guess it began with deer hunting in the fall and watching the leaves change colors on the trees.  But over time I hunted less and enjoyed nature more.  Then along came Santa.

Now the fall has taken on a different meaning for me.  I begin preparing for Christmas in January each year, but somewhere in September or October I start the transformation into Santa.  Granted I look like the Jolly Old Elf all year long, but mentally I become Santa in the fall.  For years I’ve answered to “Santa” from just about anyone I encounter, but there is something special about those last three months of the year.

A few weeks ago the Long Beach Press Telegram reporter Karen Meeks interviewed me about my world as Santa.  Here is the link to the article.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment