Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Wild Game Feed Irvine Lake 2017

Two weeks to go to the Annual Wild Game Feed at Irvine Lake.  I’ve spent almost an entire year preparing for this by pouring over my checklist, packing and repacking the car, looking over my “stuff’ for any needed repairs, obsessing over my cigars, and in general driving my wife crazy.  And I know I’m not the only guy to do this.

If you have been to the Feed before, then you know what I mean.  This get-together is unique.  Nothing else compares to it.  Where else can a man go to visit with about 1,500 of his closest friends and eat, drink, smoke, and scratch unhindered for an entire day?  Nowhere else on this planet as far as I know.

The Feed is the result of a labor of love from the AWGF members.  They work hard every year to produce the very best wild game feed found anywhere, and they do it as volunteers.  The end result is support for a number of worthy charities in the Orange County area.  Of course the men purchasing the tickets are treated to a party like no other.

For those who have tickets to this year’s Annual Wild Game Feed, it’s coming up fast.  This morning I received an email from a guy who missed last year (he didn’t send in for his ticket in time), and he’s about to burst at the seams with excitement waiting for this year’s Feed.  I feel the same way.  I plan to be there early and leave as late as possible.  I plan to arrive hungry and leave way too full.  I plan to visit with as many friends as I can and wish for more time to visit with everyone I missed. 

I hope everyone is ready.  It’s going to be great.

See you at the Feed!

Meat and Beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment